Business Initiatives & Resources
North Huntingdon values all of the businesses that make our community so special. in addition to the resources below, the Township provides relocation and expansion assistance, real estate prospecting, and special incentives to help our businesses succeed. Email us for more information and to let us know how we can help you.
- Pennsylvania Jobs Gateway: Create a job-posting and connect with candidates for free. You will receive detailed information about job-seekers when you perform a search. You will also enjoy the benefit of sorting and filtering capabilities to help you manage your referral lists.
- Understanding Financial Statements: This presentation provided by the St. Vincent Small Business Development Center guides you through elements of financial statements to understand how your business can be more efficient.
- Norwin Chamber of Commerce: The Norwin Chamber of Commerce strives to develop opportunities for area businesses, overcome economic challenges, and promote regional and community interests. The goal of the Norwin Chamber of Commerce is to enable the achievement, growth, and success of our member businesses and the community as a whole.
- University of Pittsburgh Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence: The Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence (IEE), part of the University of Pittsburgh’s Innovation Institute, has served business throughout Western Pennsylvania for over 20 years. Offering a dynamic mix of consulting, education, and networking opportunities, the IEE strives to be an innovative leader in economic development in the region.
- Pittsburgh SCORE: The counselors of Pittsburgh SCORE are experienced business owners and managers who volunteer their experience and knowledge to help small business owners and potential small business owners achieve success.
- Westmoreland County Business Assistance: Westmoreland County has an existing support network for the business community that came about as a result of a unique public / private partnership. This team of economic development professionals is available to assist you with important decisions regarding site selection, planning, financing, and other business needs.
Local & Regional Initiatives
Township officials work with County, regional and State officials in order to foster cooperation on various development initiatives. These include the County Industrial Development Corporation, the Growth Connection, Careerlink, and others. The Township helps to facilitate communications and cooperation between these agencies and potential business investors.
The Township also has partnered with investors to provide guidance and assistance in completing projects. The Township encourages predevelopment meetings to help facilitate compliance with requirements and assists in trouble shooting for various development issues.
The Township worked with developers to redevelop the Norwin Towne Square by facilitating expeditious development reviews, accommodating minor variances, and establishing tax abatement for the project.
The Township works jointly with the Workforce Investment Board and Careerlink. They provide assistance with identifying and screening employees in addition to the Job Gateway (Business Center Page) initiative. Tax credits are available for hiring certain employment groups as well as vouchers for up to $4,000 for occupational training. On the job training includes incentives for 50% of payroll cost for up to three months.
The Township also has LERTA properties available that include tax abatement incentives.