Building Inspections & Permits

Building Code

We enforce the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (UCC) as amended. See our Adoption of the Uniform Construction Code Ordinance for more information.

Permit Applications

*You may need to fill out a Business Registration Form with the Tax Office.  


After your application is processed, certain inspections will need done along the way. Our Building Inspector will walk you through the process and can answer questions along the way. The following are some of the inspections that may be involved with your application and are done by our certified building inspectors:

  • Footer
  • Framing
  • HVAC
  • Plumbing (Outside lateral sewers are inspected by NHTMA)
  • Final

An electrical inspection may also be required and will need to be completed by a third party certified electrical inspector at the applicant's expense.